Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: spiritual training and kihon happo
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
I agree that Darren should post some video. :)

(You can embed video clips in Kutaki posts by selecting "DHTML Form with xCode" instead of "Plain Text" below the "Subject" and "Message Icon" fields when you make a post.)

Shawn

Posted on: 2011/3/4 10:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
議長 :: Mod
LOL! Ok, I'll either try to find it further or just make a new sample myself. Sorry, guys, I've been REALLY busy lately and simply forgot!

I'll see what I can throw together and get it posted soon... And, I'm sure I'll get my taijutsu/kamae/etc picked apart by armchair budoka - that's ok, I can take it!

Posted on: 2011/3/5 2:01

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Village Old Timer
Group:
Quote:

Darren wrote:
I'll see what I can throw together and get it posted soon... And, I'm sure I'll get my taijutsu/kamae/etc picked apart by armchair budoka - that's ok, I can take it!

You write about movement on the Internet quite often. Are you an armchair budoka?

Posted on: 2011/3/5 8:01

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:

Posted on: 2011/3/7 10:51

Cant Stay Offline
Group:
Quote:

benkyoka wrote:
Quote:

Darren wrote:

You write about movement on the Internet quite often. Are you an armchair budoka?

LOL - no... Movement/taijutsu is my primary focus of training, so it's what I prefer to discuss when on forums. Considering this art is best learned through personal experience on the mat, writing about it is a challenge and interesting exercise for me. I try to put these things into words, sometimes fairly well, sometimes not, and sometimes I may even contradict myself as my understanding evolves. Either way, it's my contribution and method for putting my thoughts/experiences into words. People can decide to consider or ignore them. I personally don't care.

Anybody is welcome to train with me, as being able to explore movement in person is certainly my preferred method. Considering I train pretty often per week with many great people, there are ample opportunities for anybody to come and train with me if they think my 'talk the talk' is greater than my 'walk the walk'...

Posted on: 2011/3/14 2:43

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Cant Stay Offline
Group:
I would also like to apologize if my reference to "armchair budoka" offended anybody. I meant that in a very lighthearted manner and not as an attack to anybody in general who participates in forum discussions. In rereading that, I can see how it could be perceived as me being vain or pious, which is certainly not something I aspire to be...

Posted on: 2011/3/14 3:35

Honorary Villager
From Sacramento, California
Group:
Perhaps we need to define what is an "armchair budoka", I vote for this definition: Those who talk about walks they have never gone on

Posted on: 2011/3/15 15:39

Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
People talk about it like it's nothing, but some of those armchairs are tough! I remember a Barca-lounger back in the day, polite as anything until you pissed him off...

;)

Posted on: 2011/3/16 5:55

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor