Kito Ryu Ten No Maki 16 2017/12/11 12:40
fskopfpatro
Anyone tried Rosetta Stone? 20 2017/12/10 13:18
fskopfpatro
BladesPro 14 2017/12/9 17:45
fskopfpatro

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: What is the difference between Suiren and Suitonjutsu?
Villager
From San Salvador, El Salvador
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

ElfTengu wrote:
Of course. I was not being accusatory, I just think it is an interesting take on the way we all do things.

Sorry if the way that I wrote my response was "deffensive"

Quote:

I wouldn't try to cross a deep river in full armour using a spear though, at least not without backup from modern CABA!

Uffffff me neither LOL

Quote:

Yamazu wrote:
Why bring the terms Suiren or Suitonjutsu into the equation at all, why not simply say it as it is - Taijutsu in water?

Hmmmm I guess I'm not that creative to actually come up with something as simple as that LOL. But I guess I'll take the iniciative, thanks for the idea!

Thanks guys for all your comments and help. Deffinetly you are all my Nii-san. Amitabha!

Posted on: 2010/10/17 5:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: What is the difference between Suiren and Suitonjutsu?
Kutaki Postmaster
From South East UK
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

Why bring the terms Suiren or Suitonjutsu into the equation at all, why not simply say it as it is - Taijutsu in water?

Taijutsu in water. "Suitaijutsu"?

I guess it does not impact on authenticity to use the Japanese language to describe what you are doing, because Japanese is just a language, there is no rule that you can only use Japanese terminology when you are teaching material from densho or kuden originating from hombu.

Where I work there is a lot of corporate management method deriving from Japanese corporate management, and if you put terms like 'kaizen', 'kanban' etc into Google you will come up with this kind of thing more than anything else.

We are not even allowed to say that we are going to have a look at how production operations are going, we have to say that we are going on a 'gemba' which is a 'tool' from said Japanese corporate management 101.

They even give green and black belt awards for practitioners of 'operational excellence', which have even less to do with budo than some of the ranks awarded in the Bujinkan, and that is saying something.

So I hope this doesn't appear as a u-turn on what I said earlier, but I suppose that as long as we are inspired by taijutsu and keeping to its principles, we can use Japanese terminology for water training, climbing, archery, horseriding, pretty much anything that forms part of our extracurricular training, with all my earlier caveats of course.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 7:18

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor