Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Takamatsu Sensei's unknown video
Village Old Timer
From Istanbul Turkiye
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Dear friends,
A man who used to do Escrima sent his nephew to our Dojo, the reason was he found out that Bujinkan Dojos were related to Takamatsu Toshitsugu.
I wondered how he got this name.He said (I think in 1969) when he was at junior national escrima team they showed them a video. On this video there were young 6-7 black belt guys (probably American as there were also one black guy)and then one old man comes and stands in the middle of this circle, suddenly they attack him with a flash and in a few seconds you can not see the old guy but only the attackers can be seen. They showed this video to prove them how human beings can move really fast with natural movement. They shoved the video again with slow motion and this time they could see the Tai Sabakis, how he naturally got rid of all the attacks easily and at the end got away from a gap he managed to see. They also said that this old man was named Takamatsu Toshitsugu and he never forgot the name again as he became a fan of him!

I never heard of a video like this but the guy was so excited. I asked about that video later on a few months later and he told me the same details, so I think he really watched it.
Any of you has any information about this video?

Posted on: 2010/10/29 17:07
-----------------------------------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Takamatsu Sensei's unknown video
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
No, but I'd really like to see it!!!

Posted on: 2010/10/29 20:54

Villager
From Texas
Group:
That would be the epitome of awesome, would love to see it as well.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 21:49
"Come and take them!" King Leonidas' reply to Xerxes' demand the Spartans lay down their arms at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
I have heard about other film material with Takamatsu sensei but this seems to have nothing to do with what is mentioned here. I highly doubt it was Takamatsu. Perhaps an early video with Hatsumi sensei?

Regards / Skuggvarg

Posted on: 2010/10/30 1:59

Villager
From Manaus, Brazil
Group:
There is an old video of Morihei Ueshiba (founder of aikido) that I saw a few years ago exactly like what is beying described. I lookin for it on youtube, if I find it I´ll post the link.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 3:06

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:

johntah wrote:
There is an old video of Morihei Ueshiba (founder of aikido) that I saw a few years ago exactly like what is beying described. I lookin for it on youtube, if I find it I´ll post the link.

I thought of that immediately as well.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 3:35

Village Old Timer
From Istanbul Turkiye
Group:
That is what I thought at first but how did he get Takamatsu Sensei's name? I also mentioned Ueshiba Sensei too...anyways if you find it on youtube please send me the link so that I can ask him if that is the one.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 5:51
-----------------------------------------

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
From what I have ascertained through the years, there are only videos of Takamatsu Sensei that Hatsumi Sensei himself owns and or took. No other...

According to more than one Genbukan source, there exists more Takamatsu Sensei video of the day they visited, that has not been seen published... Other than that, no black gentlemen in any frames that I have ever heard of...

Posted on: 2010/11/30 18:37

Kutaki Postmaster
From South East UK
Group:
In the late 80's and early 90's there were some truly awful 10th generation vhs copies floating around of material that we know better today as the footage in the Togakure Ryu tapes/DVDs. Doron could certainly have looked like a black guy in some of them, at least to someone who did not know that he is not. And if Takamatsu Sensei was mentioned, it could have been his name rather that Hatsumi Sensei's, which lodged in the memory of the viewer.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 8:18

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor