Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Words From Sensei on the Internet
Just Passing Through
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Whenever I speak about "Bujinkan this" or "Bujinkan that"; I like to keep to generalities, concepts, or quotes from Soke and writings. When it comes to more specifics and teaching; I will say, "this is what I have learned", or "this is what I believe" about something. I think a big part of it is to look at things from the perspective of a student (i.e. someone still trying to perfect one's self and abilities) rather than an authority on our art.

Posted on: 2010/11/15 16:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I would certainly agree with this. We are all students and the only one who can speak with authority is Dr Hatsumi. We can relate what we have gained on our personal journey and the lessons we have learned as they can be helpful to those not yet there on their journey. We still, however, speak as students of the art, not "masters".

Posted on: 2010/11/15 23:46

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
For someone who gave so much and ask so little in return, the least we can do is attempt to live a balanced life and not to cause trouble for Sensei.......

Posted on: 2010/11/16 11:03
七転び八起き

Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
Agreed. So perhaps we should be sure to identify ideas about our art as our own opinions or insights. If we are trying to explain things about the art from the founder's view point as he has clearly stated in texts that can be used for verification I think that is okay. Even still, as Papa-san said, we are all students so even when quoting Soke we are doing it as a student trying to interpret his meaning and relaying it.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 14:04

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor