Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Bowing Ceremony?
Villager
From Lehighton PA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I feel you dude. I see a lot that has changed over the years, but there are still some people out there that believe in the feeling of family in the Bujinkan.

Posted on: 2010/11/23 2:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I still do, even with all the little squabbles. That also is part of a family, but they should work to overcome those and still work together.

Posted on: 2010/11/23 12:04

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
You can be family and not be clones. Differences are good for growth, as long as those differences are respected. Unfortunately, there are those who isolate themselves into their own little niche of understanding and take on a 'holier than thou' posture and/or condemn anybody who doesn't see things the way they see things.

But, then again, I have members of my own family who do the same. Yet, we're still family, even when we bicker at each other.

Real life isn't always hugs and fellowship. Sometimes feathers get ruffled, feet stepped on, feelings hurt and flat out arguments happen. Yet, as long as we all remain connected through our focus on Soke's budo (the connection to it), then we are all still family. It's part of the maturing process, in life and in martial arts.

Posted on: 2010/11/23 12:39

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Your Family and your dojo are what you make of them!

Marty

Posted on: 2010/11/23 13:55

Villager
From Lehighton PA
Group:
All good points....... And I would certainly not say that the feeling of family does not exist anywhere, any longer within the Bujinkan. I have a few old friends and have been fortunate to make many new ones. And perhaps, my views of 20 years ago may be those skewed through the eyes of a teenager. Or maybe my view is skewed now by the eyes of middle age. Perhaps its none of these and just the unbelievable scope to which the Bujinkan has grown.

Posted on: 2010/11/25 2:48

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor