Re: Elemental Exposure
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
markspada wrote:
Quote:

Too bad there are no eye-rolling icons on this forum....

- Mark Spada

Mark, you are wasting no time in going back to being the neighbourhood crank on here again after your recent hiatus. Would you care to share with us what you are doing for your own training these days? Who are you training with these days and what are you working on?

Cheers,

Shawn

Posted on: 2010/12/16 16:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Villager
Group:
Quote:
It was once said I believe , that a naked man in an empty room has the capacity to become a master of Ninjutsu.

That was from an Ashida Kim book, I believe. I seem to recall reading that about 25 years ago, anyway.

Posted on: 2010/12/16 23:20

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Quote:

kouryuu wrote:
markspada wrote:
Quote:

Too bad there are no eye-rolling icons on this forum....

- Mark Spada

Mark, you are wasting no time in going back to being the neighbourhood crank on here again after your recent hiatus. Would you care to share with us what you are doing for your own training these days? Who are you training with these days and what are you working on?

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn,

Why? What difference would that make to the topic being discussed?

So basically I can't state an opinion or disagree with someone else's opinion here without encountering defensive belligerence or being asked about my training which has absolutely no bearing on this discussion?

I'll refrain from posting on your forum, Shawn, if it will make you feel better. After all, who am I to question any of you? Perhaps you should ban me again for having the audacity to question someone else's opinion, or simply stating my own in a polite and inoffensive manner. Because disagreement or better to say difference of opinion is comparable to "crankiness"?

It's comforting to know that some things in this world are thoroughly resistant to change.

I guess.

- Mark Spada

Posted on: 2010/12/16 23:33

Just Passing Through
From Australia
Group:
Quote:

That was from an Ashida Kim book, I believe. I seem to recall reading that about 25 years ago, anyway.

That may well be correct . I would not know as I have never read any Kim books. 25 years ago I was throwing knuckleheads out of pubs and clubs. Anyway the point is that while as I said Mark, both yourself and the others both have valid points (and have found what suits your training) That does not mean you or they anymore correct or incorrect about your methods of training than anyone else. The facts remains the only people who have any real right to question or instruct anyone in how they should or should not train would be the Shihan and the Boss. Anyone whom ignores their advice would seriously need to take a reality check !

Posted on: 2010/12/17 8:43

Villager
Group:
Huh? I haven't offered any advice in this thread. I only commented about that quote being from a ridiculous source.
Aric

Posted on: 2010/12/17 9:07

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Mark,

If you would post as many positive things as you do negative, I think everyone would be the better for it. It seems that you rarely, if ever, initiate a thread, and rarely, if ever, post anything positive. Your posts always seem to be reactionary - reacting to other people's posts with sarcasm, cynicism and negativity. You are highly critical of other people's views on training, but rarely, if ever, talk about your own training experiences.

It would be great if you were to offer something of positive value to the discussions and help to raise the quality of the posts here. Even if you disagree with what someone else says, there are still ways of framing your opinions in a positive manner.

I could be totally wrong on this (and please correct me if I am), but my feeling is that you're not training currently, and you wish that you were, and this is creating some internal frustration that you are projecting onto people and posts here on Kutaki.

I have a feeling that you have a lot of positive things to offer, and these could be conveyed much more effectively from a positive mindset.

Shawn

Posted on: 2010/12/17 13:10

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Shawn,

You asked me to correct you if you were wrong, so I am: I have never stopped training, and I never will. That you would suggest something so bizarre in the first place says a lot more about you than it possibly could about me, despite your efforts at psychological analysis.

In any case, it's moot. I won't be posting here anymore.

Take care,

- Mark Spada

Posted on: 2010/12/17 19:55

Kutaki Postmaster
From DC, USA
Group:

Quote:

markspada wrote:

In any case, it's moot. I won't be posting here anymore.

Hurray!

Posted on: 2010/12/17 22:01

Active Kutakian
From Redmond, Washington
Group:
Goodbye Mark

Posted on: 2010/12/17 23:28

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I think Shawn has expressed a very reasonable opinion,if you then take that as a "slap-down" then where does that put YOU? Mark, you have continued to be sarcastic and critical, which is not an effective way to help bring change or benefit anyone. Since you evidently have no concept of this, your posts, which could have added valuable thoughts here, have only created upset, anger, and hurt to NO benefit. When you mature enough to value and respect others' opinions too, just maybe you will have something to offer. Bye.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 1:19

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor