Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Registration and Forum Access
Active Kutakian
From Australia
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hello Shawn,

Do we have to be 'friends' on Facebook to view the training links in the 'Video Tube' menu?

Are you comfortable sharing your Facebook account name so that Kutaki users can request access?

Thanks,
Matt

PS - I've previously seen footage demonstrating ukemi from one of your seminars in Scandinavia (can't recall which country or school). I found it inspiring and sure others have/would also.

Posted on: 2010/12/16 6:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Quote:

mcronin wrote:
Good question.

I'm not qualified to judge.

Please disregard... unless you'd like to share some footage?

You've recently trolled another thread asking for "footage"; specifically, you asked me to upload footage of myself demonstrating "correct" movment....even though you admit to being a "newbie" who probably isn't sure what exactly constitutes "correct" movement.

I have a better idea:

Stop trolling and find yourself a good instrcuctor who will give you substantial amounts of material for you to practice with and improve your movement instead of spending time on these forums requiring others to "share" their movement.

- Mark Spada

Posted on: 2010/12/16 8:09

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Hi Matt,

Oops, my bad. I guess we do have to be friends on Facebook in order to view the video. My profile is here:
http://www.facebook.com/shawngray

Thanks for the kind words on the ukemi drills. It may have been the ones that used to be posted on the Tonan Dojo (Stockholm) site...

Cheers,

Shawn

Posted on: 2010/12/16 9:54

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Mark,

It looks like you tried to submit a video, but its not showing up. I think maybe this is because the embed code or URL to the video wasn't complete. Try again if you wish.

Cheers,

Shawn

Posted on: 2010/12/16 9:59

Active Kutakian
From Australia
Group:
G'day Mark,

Quote:

markspada wrote:

I have a better idea:

Stop trolling and find yourself a good instrcuctor who will give you substantial amounts of material for you to practice with and improve your movement instead of spending time on these forums requiring others to "share" their movement.

- Mark Spada

I have an instructor I respect greatly (Japan-trained with a high work ethic and frequent visits), though I am a poor part-time student and have enough trouble smoothing out my rolls!

Me? I don't want to be a teacher. I'm aiming to get serious about travelling to Japan each year etc. after the kids leave high-school. I should be 54.

There is enough 'material' floating around out there to 'steal' more than I could ever recycle (if I chose to do so).

I'm just curious as to whether what people write is backed up with what they can do, and if so, like in Shawn's example, we can all learn and be inspired just that little bit more.

Otherwise, there is zero accountability for those offering words of wisdom.

There is a guy (not me) in North Brisbane who has some of the best ukemi I've seen outside of Japan. Check it out.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on: 2010/12/17 10:18

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Matt, it is correct that you can't know what a person's opinion is worth unless you know a lot more about them then is found here in their posts. There are a lot of "keyboard warriors" and each person must decide if the post has any value for them. I find that usually the most strident and closed minded ones are the more likely to be just "keyboard warriors". I've also learned that persons who tell you how YOU must train will usually lead you to disaster. You must make your own choices based on your body and your situation to get what you want out of this art. Anyway that's my opinion.

Posted on: 2010/12/17 10:44

Active Kutakian
From Australia
Group:
Thank-you Ed.

I attended one of your 2 day seminars and understand where you are coming from.

Kind regards,
Matt

Posted on: 2010/12/17 13:43

Villager
From San Salvador, El Salvador
Group:
I think that is a really good idea to have some filters to keep it all together. I've been in other forums that are quite open and unfortunately really good information is lost in needless battles of "keyboard warriors" (I like that term).

Kudos and have a happy new year with lots of training under the Kihon Happô theme.

Posted on: 2010/12/22 6:23

Active Kutakian
From SLC,Ut
Group:
wondering how closely related this and "somejokes have some truth to them" thread are....

Posted on: 2010/12/23 11:25

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor