« 1 (2)

Re: 13 Injured in Toride Knife Attack
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
It is very valuable to discuss things like this here. It is important that you have already thought about what you are willing to do and under what situation. There is not time for such deliberation when you are faced with it, then you must act.

Posted on: 2010/12/21 23:42

Villager
From Lehighton PA
Group:
Quote:

I understand you but see the level you mentioned is low...just to save the moment and kill (or badly wound) the attacker is a low level of Taijutsu. You must be able to controll the situation. Sometimes being stabbed a few times is better than killing someone as I mentioned above but I understand the cultural differences. Probably you can never understand what I am talking about the family thing
Soke also talks about this, he says a bad Budoka can kill you but a good Budoka can save both lives.
I hope I could explain my self, if not no worries and have fun training my friend.

I completely understand and respect what you are saying. I don't think that the family thing is a cultural thing. If someone were to injure my own family member, how far would I go seeking some kind of revenge?

And it may certainly be true that I am thinking along a lower level of taijutsu. But that is MY level of taijutsu. Perhaps after more years of training, my feelings about the response to a potential knife attack might be different. I would love to be like a ninja from the movies where everything moved in slow motion and I could control everything within my space. All that may be possible someday, but at my present level, a knife attack presents a very real and potent danger. In my opinion, not a danger I would risk by taking a few stabs or even giving an opportunity for those stabs to happen.

I think you are putting forth a very cool philosophy that has a ton of merit, but at the moment I feel that is something I am still working on understanding rather than putting into practice.

Posted on: 2010/12/22 2:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Village Old Timer
From Istanbul Turkiye
Group:
I completely understand Damien. Do not get me wrong, I just wanted to give different angles to the incident and shared my 2 cents. Good luck in your training , maybe we train one day in Japan

Posted on: 2010/12/22 16:45
-----------------------------------------

Villager
From Lehighton PA
Group:
Love the other angles and look forward to training with you someday.........

Posted on: 2010/12/24 2:18

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor