« 1 (2)

Re: The funniest jokes always have some truth to them
Active Kutakian
From Australia
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

YoruKage wrote:
Matt, it seems that most posts you make you are asking people to post videos of themselves doing demonstrations. This is very weird. I don't know if you are hoping to learn taijutsu from watching the videos (which you won't), or looking for mistakes in the videos so you can lift yourself by bringing others down. I can't think of many legitimate reasons for you asking this so often.

Firstly, apologies for bringing this thread back to the top of the list...

Hi Shane,

The reason for asking the question is an attempt to understand where the poster is coming from. Apart from the wonderful idea of watching some super-genki ukemi from Brazil (for example), this 'strategy' could be one method for successfully 'outing' trolls or calling to account people who are just plain rude.

My apologies for seeming weird or obtuse (I admit to being a bit 'out-there' sometimes).

Regarding video-learning etc., I recently watched a video-demonstration of shuriken techniques by Duncan Stewart: awe-inspiring.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on: 2010/12/25 20:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
Quote:

Hi Shane,

The reason for asking the question is an attempt to understand where the poster is coming from. Apart from the wonderful idea of watching some super-genki ukemi from Brazil (for example), this 'strategy' could be one method for successfully 'outing' trolls or calling to account people who are just plain rude.

I remember you posting in another thread that you are a newbee and aren't currently training, so do you feel you are qualified to determine if someone is or isn't a "troll," you are basically wanting to judge practitioners who are probably higher ranked than you.

Posted on: 2010/12/26 14:31

Active Kutakian
From Australia
Group:
Hi Shane,

Correct, I'm not qualified to judge: just offering a couple of thoughts for consideration by the higher-ups.

Obviously I've got too much time on my hands! [new contract starts 10 Jan and then back on the mats]

Regards,
Matt

Posted on: 2010/12/27 5:44

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor