Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Sudden loss of aerobic capacity?
Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hmm...I thought I replied the other day...

No pollution, we're in a mostly rural area. My car burns some oil, but that's about the extent of it in the area. For a while I was taking a lot of Naproxen and Motrin, have stopped both as I did see a reference somewhere about that.

No lung capacity testing, but a few minutes after the stress test my blood O2 level was 98% of what it should be. Maybe God's just telling me to "whoa up"...

Posted on: 2011/1/28 11:04

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
After some tests at going back to the Y, today was the first serious workout. Since the loss was at 20 minutes I targeted 25 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0 MPH. No problems there so I did some weights as wel, again with no problems. Will swim again tomorrow and try to up the aerobic expenditure a bit.

I appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, and support!

Leam

Posted on: 2011/2/15 9:54

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Here's something else to consider Leam. I just saw a report about the autopsies done of soldiers killed in Viet Namh. Their blood vessels were severely clogged and there were also leasons on the hearts. These young men in their 20's looked like men in their 70's. The only different factor was the continuous use of water purification tablets in their drinking water. Those tablets are a major dose of chlorine. The Chlorine was the destructive agent and the Chlorine in our normal drinking water while less concentrated is doing the same thing to all who drink it. Just something to consider.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 11:24

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
Wow... Ask your teacher.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 19:46

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
James,

Right after I found a training group in Charlotte I moved elsewhere. At the moment I've been training a bit in Aikido as that's what's available and affordable. However, even that has gone by the wayside to a great degree.

In other, better news, I spent time in the water today and again pushed my aerobic limits. While I could feel the winded part I wasn't keeling over, which is good. I have a dive class to prepare for next month, so my recovery training is geared towards that.

Leam

Posted on: 2011/2/16 10:00

Villager
Group:
Glad to hear it, Leam! Keep working with your doctors to make sure there's no heart disease, and keep up with some exercise. And keep us posted.
Aric

Posted on: 2011/2/19 13:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
From Wyoming
Group:
I am not a doctor, just to get that out of the way. However, I have experienced a drop in aerobic capacity before and it turned out to be a prostatitis, which is a somewhat common infection for those of us men getting on in years.

Increased heart rate, feeling of low oxygen consumption during exertion, and a generally punky feeling are what I experienced. I am only putting this out there as a possibility. Chronic low level infections can and do have broader impacts in the body. A simple urine test can pinpoint this as a problem.

I don't know how much that can tie in with hypertension, of course.

Posted on: 2011/2/20 14:32

What? Yes...that's how I do that....why...why do you ask?
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
Well, months of up and down got me back to the Dr for a chest x-ray. She thought I may (they use that word a lot here) have bronchitis and gave me a Z pack of antibiotics. Bad choice, it seems, as my body was also fighting off a viral infection. Once the "good" bacteria were gone the virus ran rampant through my gut. If their scales are correct I lost 20 pounds and spent a few days in the hospital.

Back in the saddle, sort of. Virus gone and I still have to train for the scuba class swim test next week. After that it will probably be back to Aikido class to get more body motion and foot work learning. Slowly building up endurance, it goes away much faster than it comes back!

I appreciate all the prayers and feedback, guys. Thanks!

Leam

Posted on: 2011/3/16 18:35

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
I have made it through two full classes of Aikido and both were fairly active. In addition to that I've been weight-lifting and swimming, so my capacity is coming back. Slowly, but working on it.

I appreciate all the comments, thoughts, and prayers you all have provided.

Leam

Posted on: 2011/6/11 13:16

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Good to hear that you are recovering Leam, things like that can and will happen in our lives. Be kind to your body, don't push it too hard, it needs time and the measured input to recover well. You're in this for the "long haul" not the "short sprint".

Posted on: 2011/6/11 22:52

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor