Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

1 Man vs. 40
Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
This man is my kind of hero!

http://www.logiccool.com/blog/591281- ... pe-victim-against-40-men/

This tells me that attitude (and training) is everything. He (wisely) stayed quiet when it was only a robbery, but when it escalated to rape, his thoughts went beyond his own safety and he unleashed holy (heck) on a bunch of cowards who thought their numbers and audacity guaranteed their safety.

He didn't worry about going to jail or even getting killed. He made a moral stand against something he thought was deeply wrong and backed it up with a ferocity far exceeding that of the invaders.

A good strategy too, to let the attackers load themselves up with armloads of loot before moving against them (the article mentions laptops and such).

And what a message to all the other potential thieves on the sidelines who might otherwise have been encouraged by the story of a successful heist!

And what an example for other men who may find themselves in a similar situation. A tough example, and one that could get people hurt if they don't know what they're getting into, but that's life.

Enjoy the story!

Posted on: 2011/2/2 7:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1 Man vs. 40
Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
A more detailed account here:

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/ind ... ews_details&news_id=27100

"During the scuffle he received serious blade injury to his left hand while the girl also had a minor cut on her neck. “They had carried out their robbery with swords, blades and pistols. The pistols may have been fake as they didn´t open fire,” he surmised."

Bah. Nobody uses swords anymore! ;)

Posted on: 2011/2/2 7:39

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
I expect that khukuris will see a new surge in popularity for a while now. . .

Posted on: 2011/2/5 8:11

Villager
From Lehighton PA
Group:
Quote:

Shimajiro wrote:

And what a message to all the other potential thieves on the sidelines who might otherwise have been encouraged by the story of a successful heist!

And what an example for other men who may find themselves in a similar situation. A tough example, and one that could get people hurt if they don't know what they're getting into, but that's life.

This brings up a very good point about sharing this art. I always wondered years ago why Sensei would share such a secretive art with the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled with the learning, but still wondered.

I think I finally got it when someone explained it rather simply, "the more of us there are, the less of them there will be."

Perhaps the rest some of the attackers are concentrating on finding a new career path rather than a next victim.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 13:29

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor