Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Different Kutaki? Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I had to sign on to see the forum, as opposed to being able to just read posts... Has something changed in the last 2 years since I have been off? Shawn?

Posted on: 2011/2/14 18:42

Re: Different Kutaki? Hehehe...
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
There had been some discussion among the admins for quite some time about making the content of Kutaki forums less public. Late last year, Sensei mentioned a couple of times that people shouldn't be publicly speaking for the Bujinkan on the Internet, and so with that in mind as well we decided to require user registration to view the forums so that the content of discussions isn't available to just anyone online who casually passes by.

Shawn

Posted on: 2011/2/15 19:53

Gurei Dojo | Blog
Facebook
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
Without the world at large watching, I think there's less likelihood of people strutting about making bold pronouncements just to stir up a reaction.

It might also lead to more productive discussions, as participants no longer need feel that their reputation in the world at large hangs on every word they post here on Kutaki.

I think this is a good thing, even if the resulting discussion is not as exiting as all the dramatic tabloid spectacle we see on the other forums. People who are curious to know/ask more about the Bujinkan beyond reading an article or wiki page can create an account here easily and participate all they wish.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 7:33

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
I still think the log in should require puzzles and riddles to solve like a video game sequence from prince of persia or final fantasy.

Just to register to post would make spam near impossible for all but Watson.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 9:02

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Yes, the amount of SPAM spewing all over several threads at once were becoming rampant. Since the new log-in requirement, it has helped a bit. Or at least I haven't noticed lately any sneaker ads or whatever splattered across the boards...

Many sites are now requiring answers to some simple questions as part of the application process (like "what MA experience do you have?"). This also cuts down the drive-by SPAMmers. They aren't going to take the time.

You still can't weed out trolls until they come out from under their bridge and start trouble.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 6:17

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor