Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Earthquake!
Village Old Timer
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
Everyone be safe... I hope the nuke plants don't have to vent to much radiation into the air.

Are they distributing potassium iodine yet?

Posted on: 2011/3/14 3:59

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
I've heard nothing about that at this point.

The media is consistently giving mixed reports about the state of the nuclear situation. It's hard to know what to do when your information source is unstable.

Sensei doesn't seem worried that anything that could happen will affect the Noda area (comments he made during tea break at Hombu yesterday). I'm still keeping my eye closely on the news...

Shawn

Posted on: 2011/3/14 10:08

Villager
From Tulare, California
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
It is good to hear at least that everyone in Noda, and Kashiwa are okay. We hope for the best for the northen part of the country.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 10:19
www.cvninjutsu.com

Active Kutakian
From El Segundo, CA, USA, Earth.
Group:
Glad to hear everyone is okay, Here is California the damage is supposed to rise above 50 million dollars. Friends on the Big Island of Hawaii let us know that Kailua Bay filled and spilled up and over the retaining walls and damaged scores of businesses and homes. Keep safe and ingest plenty of iodine.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 13:49

Just Passing Through
From dublin, Ireland
Group:
Stay safe lads,

Posted on: 2011/3/14 14:03

Active Kutakian
From Romania
Group:
Shawn - thank you for the updates on Soke's, Hombu's and Bujinkan's situation after the latest events of Japan.

I've been trying to find out what's happening in there and there's plenty of information coming out from the media about the earthquake, the tsunami and the nuclear plant problems; so far, Kutaki.org is the place where I got the very dedicated info that I needed: to know what the people from Japan (soke and shihans) are doing. I've been in Japan only twice, but each one of us who ever been there knows how important are the people and their knowledge, especially when we are speaking about those which are treasuring the Bujinkan traditions in Japan.

Once again, thank you.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 15:15

Just Passing Through
From Murcia - Spain
Group:
Thanks to everyone posting information about the Buyu family in Japan and the Hombu Dojo. Glad to hear that everybody is safe!!.
We pray for all the Japanese people being affected by this power of Mother Nature.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 20:26
Shihan

Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
The time has come... anyone in Japan get as far away from the fukushima nuclear plant as you can, find shelter and water!

As a friend, I urge you to get out while you can... They are now stating that they are loosing the battle to cool the fuel and they feel a full melt down is at hand.

As a nuclear energy worker I have been watching as this unfolds, I did not want to cause panic and jump the gun (a heightened level of radiation does not mean they are at dangerous levels, and I had hoped they would be able to cool and contain the fuel...that no longer seems to be possible).

I feel that the time has come and that you should all get as far away as possible! Find the best balance between distance, shelter, and supplies that you can!

Remember that inhalation, absorption (through the eyes as well) and ingestion are all pathways for Alpha and Beta, so if you must go outside stay covered. For Neutron and Gamma radiation your best defense is distance and barriers (buildings).

I hope for the best, but I fear the worst. Hopefully it is not to late and you will be able to make your way.

Posted on: 2011/3/15 9:56

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Thanks Jon.

3 of us (Bujinkan members) in the Kashiwa area now have tickets and are making plans to get to Narita asap to make sure we can get our flights (Liz and I leave tomorrow, Tim leaves on Thursday).

I spoke with Shiraishi Sensei on the phone this morning, and he did seem more concerned about the situation than when I spoke with him at Hombu on Sunday. He advised against going outside and did say that he has relatives in Western Japan that he can go and stay with at any time. I assume that Hatsumi Sensei also has some kind of contingency plan (he's not exactly a dumb guy).

I've posted some updates here along the way as things have progressed:
http://shawn.graycastle.com/quakeupdate.html

Best wishes and health to all,

Shawn

Posted on: 2011/3/15 17:42

Villager
From Manhattan, New York
Group:
Thank you for the reports. Please be safe and take the above advice on the nuclear radiation and prepare to move as soon as possible. By the time you get "notice" it will definitely be too late.

I am in New York. Let me know if there is anything we can do here to help from the US! Love to all.

regina dot mullen on gmail.

Posted on: 2011/3/15 21:00

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor