Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Kukishinden Ryu Question
Frequent Visitor
From Wingham NSW
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi all,
What are the main aspects of this Ryu-ha? I am interested in learning how the waza were created and also some of the kata.
I am interested in both the Genbukan and Bujinkan. Are there any good books that give information about this ryu-ha?
thanks all!
Train well

Posted on: 2011/4/20 16:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kukishinden Ryu Question
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
You might get a more accurate answer if you ask what is the nature of life. You get a feeling of what the Kata are about by doing them. Soke often gives us historical information about the Ryu such as the armor initially intended, but then often says you can't only think about them in that aspect. There is no answer appropriate to your question that can be written on any chat space.

Marty

Posted on: 2011/4/22 0:31

Frequent Visitor
From Wingham NSW
Group:
Thank you for your reply.
Would you be able to send me a email to my personal email address?

Posted on: 2011/10/27 17:46

Kutaki Postmaster
From South East UK
Group:
I have concluded over the years that you can say KukishinDen or Kukishin Ryu, but not KukishinDen Ryu. The caveat is that our Kukishin Ryu (or KukishinDen) would be seen by other branches as Hatsumi-ha, and not necessarily the 'principal' lineage of the Kuki family's arts, although related in the past, and essentially the same art (or not, this is one of the many things no one in the BJK agrees on). These other branches are worth a look though, even if no more than a peruse on youtube.

Posted on: 2011/11/2 4:54

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod

Quote:

ElfTengu wrote:
I have concluded over the years that you can say KukishinDen or Kukishin Ryu, but not KukishinDen Ryu. The caveat is that our Kukishin Ryu (or KukishinDen) would be seen by other branches as Hatsumi-ha, and not necessarily the 'principal' lineage of the Kuki family's arts, although related in the past, and essentially the same art (or not, this is one of the many things no one in the BJK agrees on). These other branches are worth a look though, even if no more than a peruse on youtube.

?

Posted on: 2011/11/8 23:12

Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
I am interested if there are any books that contain the Kukishin Ryu sword waza the way that Stick Fighting contains the various staff waza. I have Japanese Sword Fighting, but primarily the waza in that are from the Gyoku Ryu Geraku No Maki. Not interested in anything not written by Soke, unless the author is a very well respected Shihan. Thanks

Posted on: 2013/2/23 10:13

Active Kutakian
From Savannah, GA
Group:
@ElfTengu:
Kuki;
(Clan/family name)

Kukishin-ryu;
(Ishitani Takeo Masatsugu 25th Soke)

Kukishinden happo biken no jutsu;
(The ability of the hidden weapons against nine demons in [Kukishin-ryu]eight directions)

Kukishin-ryu Tenshin Hyoho;

Kukishinden-ryu;
(Nine demon god's school)->taijutsu happo biken

Deciphering the history of the Kuki family and the distinct features of the related ryu will be difficult, but there are several schools with similar names yet different "waza" or definitive traits derived from the Kukishin-ryu, let me do a little more research.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 20:57

Active Kutakian
From Savannah, GA
Group:
Found some on Amazon, they are expensive though, Kukishin Ryu Bujutsu (bo/hanbo) is a translation of Kiba Oshiro's hand written notes and drawings of Kukishin-ryu bojutsu and hanbo. I'm sure there are others but haven't read them personally.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 12:21

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
YoruKage wrote:

"I am interested if there are any books that contain the Kukishin Ryu sword waza the way that Stick Fighting contains the various staff waza. I have Japanese Sword Fighting, but primarily the waza in that are from the Gyoku Ryu Geraku No Maki."

Hi,

Off the top of my head, without the book handy at the moment, I do recall the Kukishinden Kenpô being written out in that book....

Posted on: 2013/4/23 16:08
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Yorukage, checked the book this morning (after my eyes happened on it on the shelf :) ), and yes the Kenpô Katas are written out in the book.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 14:39
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor