Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme
Active Kutakian
From Savannah, GA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I found out about this last year while visiting Noda, I ran into a girl who was teaching somewhere in Western Japan. I've checked out the website and it seems like a great opportunity.

Just wondering if anyone here has any insider knowledge on the program or what your general thoughts are. Yes, there is a forum on the website (below) but I wanted to hear from people on Kutaki.

http://www.jetprogramme.org/

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions will be appreciated!

Posted on: 2011/4/25 7:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme
Villager
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
議長 :: Mod
Hey, I believe the JET Programme has been discussed lots over the years here. It's a good job for people who are interested in Japan AND teaching English. Since they send people all over the country, there is a chance that applicants don't get placed in their preferred locations. So placement can be a gamble if you intend to train in bujinkan. That said, I did 5 years on JET and it was a great experience. Lots of people use it as a springboard to other jobs in Japan since they offer Japanese language lessons and push their teachers to interact with the community. The pay is better than almost all of the private companies too.

*Edited to add: If you have any questions, post them here, or send me a direct message!

Posted on: 2011/4/28 13:53

Re: Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme
Active Kutakian
From Savannah, GA
Group:
That's great news, I knew they put you where ever they need you but that doesn't bother me. I can always figure out a way to travel to Noda from where ever they put me (if selected), I just loved Japan and am definitely considering a long term stay over there, maybe not permanent but at least a couple years.

Any advice on the application process? I have not contacted the embassy, this is all just an idea right now but something I am considering seriously within the next couple of years.

Posted on: 2011/4/29 11:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor