Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Instrictor attitudes on students training with other instructors.
Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Thanks guys! Jason, I'm glad you went with Michael. He is a great, upstanding guy with a solid head on his shoulders (no, I don't mean "thick headed"! LOL!). I know he has moved on to far better instructors...

This is why Soke's wisdom still amazes me. As far back as I can remember (which seems to get shorter and shorter these days!) Soke has always encouraged people to come to him. His 'open dojo' attitude has allowed countless people to come and train, to see and experience his budo, and gain perspectives to better understand what is healthy and legitimate training - and what is just a perversion or complete fraud.

Other arts aren't so open, where the Soke only allows certain upper ranks to come train, and there are layers and layers keeping the average student confined to their local dojos. This is what breeds the corruption and misrepresentation, because nobody is allowed to see beyond the fence.

We really do have an amazing Soke and he is the prime example we should look for and strive to embody, even in someone who calls him/her self "shidoshi".

Posted on: 2013/9/28 3:10

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor