Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ihen no Kamae
Villager
From San Salvador, El Salvador
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi,

I'm currently training alone since my teacher is in Mexico and can't visit him that often. I stumbled upon "Ihen no Kamae" and a huge question mark hovered over my head. I remembered training this back in 2001 as a noob (not that I have changed a lot since then) but it was shown to me like this:

Legas as in Ichimonji and both arms straight forward, boshi ken (right) and the other hand covered it while it moved to the (right) hip. It was done the same with the left.

I do know that Ihen is motion or movement but that just confuses me more because ALL kamae should have some kind of motion or movement because they are alive. I went to a bo seminar and it was shown that Ihen-Bojutsu is to move constantly, change from chudan to seigan to ichimonji to jodan but being in control at all times. So that raises my question, What is the basic Ihen no Kamae?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/10/17 7:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ihen no Kamae
Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
I've seen Ihen done different ways, so I will leave it to more knowledgeable than I to post more detail, but the similarity between all the different versions was that your weight is more heavily on the front leg with the back leg extended out a bit, spine still straight, but with a forward lean

Posted on: 2013/10/18 10:32

Re: Ihen no Kamae
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Sôke spoke about Ihen no kamae at the beginning of the 1997 Daikomyosai comparing it to the changes when walking (demonstrated this by using Jô as a walking stick).

Not really helping with this but was reminded of that by this nevertheless

Posted on: 2013/10/19 4:23
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor