fskopfpatro

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: New documentary featuring Dr. Kacem Zoughari
Permanent Village Fixture
From Centerville, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I just saw this film a couple weeks ago, having not seen this thread until today. I loved the film, and I am grateful to have access to the opinions of anyone more experienced or more capable than myself. I don't know if everything Kacem says is correct in the video, but I applaud his skepticism and his desire to explore his own assumptions and those of his peers and teachers as well. My own experience has been that I am often mistaken when I believe a technique not to work. It is usually the case that I did not correctly understand the technique at the time.

I think it likely that at least some of Kacem's criticisms fall under this category. Others seem totally on point. All things considered, I wish there were a hundred videos of this quality, rather than some of the other material out there when you just search 'Bujinkan' on YouTube. Many practitioners and teachers are far too casual about their training, and Kacem's general call for skepticism and serious study is a worthy message in my opinion because of this.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 21:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Occasional Visitor
From Honolulu
Group:
This is a great video. I've only watched it once so I'm still lacking a thorough understanding of all things discussed. Kinda hard to pay attention to the facts discussed while watching his demonstrations. I've met and trained with Kacem and I really enjoy his documentary pieces and interviews. There aren't many people with his level of knowledge both on and off the tatami. While I enjoy Soke's classes best, I learn volumes of technique and etiquette when I train with Kacem and Ishizuka Sensei.

Because we have such a lack of NInjutsu history, documentaries like these are critical. Ninjutsu is always evolving and so should we with new teachers, perspectives, and maximum respect for our ancestors in the art.

Happy New Year All!!!

Posted on: 2014/1/1 9:21

Honorary Villager
From ITALY
Group:
Greetings from italy. I saw the video but I cannot understoond
all this that is said on the video,it seems to me much interesting.
COULD YOU GIVE TO ME KACEM'S MAIL PLEASE? I have got important questions for him? You would make me a big favour.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 2:53

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
Guiseppe,
Check your PM

Regards/ Skuggvarg

Posted on: 2014/1/9 17:27

« 1 2 (3)