« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo!
Villager
From Stockholm, Sweden
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

Unsubscribed wrote:

Why do we clap and bow? We clap because in Shinto this is called, Haku Shu (purification by hand clapping) which is clearing our surrounding environment of any stagnated vibrations through the intentional use of sharp sound. This spiritually clears the Dojo and "cleans" it so it is a proper place for the kami to visit. We bow once to ask the kami to be with us during training, to protect and teach us. We clap once more to again, clean our minds and hearts this time and bow again in reverence. From this point on, until we bow out at the end of class, the Dojo is like a church! This is what Dojo means, a place to follow the michi, or "way" or Tao or teachings of heaven. This is why a Dojo is not a gym. This is why we take our shoes off and why we bow before we enter and when we leave.

Which kami are involved? Is this different depending on type of kamidana, or not?

Posted on: 2011/3/21 9:43

I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things.
Dorothy Parker
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From New York
Group:
Someone mentioned the meaning of haramitsu and its possible origin the paramita, try thinking along the lines of taking a journey on boat across a river/life/, this could symbolize enlightenment. A journey/passage to/thru to the other side/shore/ obstacle/ beyond common knowledge.....now what do you do on the other side, do you continue onwards on your quest of self discovery and mastery, or do you turn back , wade back across the river and assist others in their journey towards the other side.
This may give you some direction.....here is an explanation i gave many years ago...
"We are but beacons of light that stand on the rocks like light houses on a darkened seas, our purpose is to guide our fellow travelers onward on their journey thru life, the brightness of our light should not be used to attract but to simply warn others away from the rocks on which we stand, we are illuminators, illustrators, we are the signposts and landmarks which enables other travelers to remain safely on the path...pass by - pass thru- pass on"

Just some thoughts from an old Irish Bear...Ma Ku

Posted on: 2011/3/22 22:44

If "Nothing" works-then do "it".

The Art Is Alive, when the practice of living transcends the art..So Live It, Dont Just Practice it..!

Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
Nicely said, Mr. Guest!

Posted on: 2011/3/24 2:42

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor