Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

TAJ JIUTSU PUNCHES.
Honorary Villager
From ITALY
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hello to everyone. I am curios for nature, I want deepen this art, so, I find a Channel on you tube DORON NAVON’S FIRST STUDENT where are showed unusual techniques similar to boxe. Now my question is.
1-Are there, JAB and CROSS in Tai jiutsu?.
2- Is this Taj jiutsu?
3- Is fudoken orrizontal or vertical?
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND READ THE DESCRIPITION.
http://www.akban.org/wiki/Front_punch,_jab,_Ninjutsu
http://www.akban.org/wiki/Back_punch,_Cross,_Ninjutsu
Greetings.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 3:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: TAJ JIUTSU PUNCHES.
Villager
From Fort Wayne Indiana
Group:
There was no video in any of the links.

I to wonder about punching in this art. It seams as if it does not punch from the rear hand at all but only from what ever foot is leading. I have been watching the Akban kata and none of them feature punching or any striking with the hands from the rear hand.

I wonder about it.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 8:57

New student at the Fort Wayne Zentai Bujjinkan Dojo

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Punching is not so black and white, as the Bujinkan is not a school - it is comprised of techniques from many different schools. The basic "tsuki" is what most people consider to be the "Bujinkan style punch". However, if you watch Soke, you see he strikes many different ways. Even in ryuha kata, there are many ways to punch, using different parts of the fist, etc.

So, are there 'jabs'? Yes. Are there 'hooking punches'? Yes. Are there both horizontal and vertical fudoken? Yes. It all depends on the purpose and matching the right weapon to the right target. Does that mean the Bujinkan is a striking art, a grappling art, or both? No. And yes.

It's important to understand the history of these arts. Punching someone in armor and punching while wearing armor are both very different than punching and being punched while not wearing armor. Punching in a melee is different than punching as a one on one scenario. Punching with a hand that has been conditioned through repeated hitting into harder and harder targets is a different punch than one which hasn't been developed. Punching for sports is different than punching for life and death survival.

If you study the foundation of the Bujinkan training, you'll see how there's room to develop punches and play with different punching dynamics. There is no set "Bujinkan punch", really. But, the base forms are there for specific reasons, so I encourage you to understand them first, then explore how they apply to (and against) different punching styles. But, don't lose the greater significance of the base forms in the process, because their lessons go farther than just learning how to punch.

I hope that helps in some small way...

Posted on: 2014/1/17 9:29

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Villager
From Fort Wayne Indiana
Group:
It sheds some light, but didn't really cover the striking from the rear hand side.

I get that there are a lot of different fists involved in this art. I have been watching some soke videos and I don't see much of any striking with any kind of fist from the rear side.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 9:49

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

Kframe wrote:
It sheds some light, but didn't really cover the striking from the rear hand side.

I get that there are a lot of different fists involved in this art. I have been watching some soke videos and I don't see much of any striking with any kind of fist from the rear side.
(Hmm, my reply took off and vanished.. well, take two...)

Striking from the rear side is taught (AFAIK) in Gyokko, Koto, Takagi Yoshin, Kukishinden, Shinden Fudo and Togakure -schools... just counting off the top of my head

Posted on: 2014/1/17 16:46
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Honorary Villager
From ITALY
Group:
Your comment is ok ARMOUR, NOT ARMOUR depend of situations. I made this post for doing clarity about this art. I used trained in
-Karate’ shotokan.
-Wing chun Kung fu.
-Kickboxing.
If I use wing punches, do I do koto ryu?
If I use Karate punch, do I do koto ryu?
Can I mix Boxe with Karatè ans say This is Koto Ryu!!! I mean what’s is written in Scroll about Fudoken? Is there a explanation about angle etc etc. If I am studing a traditional koryu-art she has got her principle. Boxe, and karate for example aren’t same principle. Watch this video THIS IS A BUJINKAN PRACTIONER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ap0JyuSkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOyXKLbHCbQ
watch Hatsumi in this Koppo jutsu video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqEqe2BkRQ
is different to the boxe!!!
Greetings.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 20:41

Honorary Villager
From ITALY
Group:
I don’t know why the link give problem, they are correct, however here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7fFFK6sGlU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGSFD0tPJ00
if you want read the description you can also make copy and paste of the link, o simply SEARCH ON GOOGLE
FRONT PUNCH JAB NINJUTSU- AKBAN- WIKI
BLACK PUNCH CROSS NINJUTSU-AKBAN- WIKI
And you’ll see the explanations.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 20:44

Villager
From Fort Wayne Indiana
Group:
Yam, I don't know if im explaining my self. You said there are striking from the rear side in the above named schools. I have been watching lots of kata from them and all of the rear side striking involved a step, that took the rear hand forward. That is a stepping strike.

By rear hand strike I am talking about the sequence of strikes. Such as a Boxers 1 and 2. He doesn't step forward into south paw for the 2.

That's just one example, but it highlights what im talking about.

Im not talking about a stepping strike.

I have been watching the videos of kata on the Akban website.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 20:48

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

Kframe wrote:

Im not talking about a stepping strike.

I have been watching the videos of kata on the Akban website.

Yeah, I got that, I'm not talking about stepping strikes either, but strikes where, for example, the right foot stays the rear foot while the right hand strikes (rear hand strike). A clear cut example might be the form Koku from Gyokko-ryu.

Am I maybe understanding the question wrong, as English is not my native tongue?

Posted on: 2014/1/17 22:43
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
In my experience, we frequently train scenarios where a lead or step through punch is quickly followed by another punch coming from the rear.

I don't think this is at all uncommon in ninjutsu training, but much of what we see in books and on the web is perhaps a bit more compartmentalized, illustrating a single, formalized and primary moment of an attack. In kata, attacks again tend to be more formal and basic, as a point of departure and better for the initial illustration of whatever ideas are being transmitted by the kata.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 6:05

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor