Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: TAJ JIUTSU PUNCHES.
Villager
From Fort Wayne Indiana
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Which makes sense, and I cant believe I didn't see it, as that is what I was taught in a previous more combative school I was apart of for a while.

Posted on: 2014/2/6 0:37

New student at the Fort Wayne Zentai Bujjinkan Dojo
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: TAJ JIUTSU PUNCHES.
Active Kutakian
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

NYorker wrote:
Lockfield,
Sources are Japan, books by Soke, seminars and classes all over the US, but that shouldn't matter since I clearly I missed when trying to describe the movement to you. I don't appreciate your response, perhaps you could ask me politely clarify instead of taking (what I perceived) as an arrogant and rude approach?

Responses to your comments/questions:
1) With your non-dominant hand you can push someone away from you as far as your palm to your opposite shoulder, regardless of their size (push against side of jawbone, trachea, or septum).
2) Yes, when you create space it applies to you and the attacker, in this instance, so you can draw a sword/tanto/lightsaber etc. Weapons are always preferred over unarmed combat.
3) What technique are you referring to?

Well, my sources are various other ryuha, most commonly the iai groups, not counting the hontai yoshin ryu (nice guys).

it is very well stated by you that "it derived from samurai combat". i hazarded to tell you that you just crapped on maai. why? because bushi will not get into range of less than 2 1/2feet from chest to chest(normal modern talking distance) UNLESS they removed their swords from their belts. why? because the sword handle is about a feet long and pulling it out takes another feet or so. also, these guys have to bow to fellow bushi and no other commoner would dare approach that close.

how long is an arm again? if you properly maintain that maai (which in your comments probably didn't, cause using an oi tsuki to increase distance would violate that) you oi tsuki, in all probability, will leave you overextended.

yes, i admit, it is good for weapon retention if you draw with the same side limb (modern weaponry, ie handgun/pistol drawing). however, it is highly flawed in the context of japanese feudal times(katana on left hip, sword hand is the right). if you had never stated that such a move is derived from "samurai combat" i would have no problem. the context is wrong, the situational factors are wrong. why? its because you are committing your rear hand(whichever handthat may be) that will result into:

1. compromised iai mechanics which will lead into compromised subsequent kamae.
2. slowed down iai which will result in a late assumption of kamae.

both GIVE openings to the enemy. and youre not just the one with a sword.

Posted on: 2014/2/6 1:21

"Don't ask me. I need time to practice rather than answering to it." - Harada Masanori

just playing the ONI's advocate!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor