schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Moving to Japan?
Active Kutakian
From Sweden
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hello people!

This is my first message here, so I'll just make a short presentation before i begin.. =)

My name is Kristoffer, I am 23 years old (young) and I live in Sweden. I have been in bujinkan for about ten years now and I have gone so far that I dont have a life now outside the training.. =) Well, thats really all there is to know.. Otherwise just ask.. =)

Down to business...

There is a swedish company named "IKEA" that is about to start up in Japan and they are looking for Swedish people my age who are willing to move there.. So I am applying for a position there.. hopefully, I will get it..

I have been kinda "addicted" when it comes to japan since I started going there and I would love to move and work there.. Not that I know if I will get a position or not, but I like to be prepared.. Is there anything I should think of before moving? Where and how should I find somewhere to live in case the company doesnt help you with that? All kinds of tips and suggestions concerning this topic is welcome.. Oh, and is it easy to find apartments with cable internet in japan? *grin*

Posted on: 2003/11/12 23:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Moving to Japan?
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Hej Kristoffer,

Thanks for the intro.

So Ikea is finally actually starting up in Japan... I'd looked for them a while back and saw that they'd registered a domain name, so I thought they were already here... Maybe now I know where to look when I can finally afford that sofa I've been wanting...

This is just gonna be a short one before bed, so as far as apartments go, I'll just mention that many new apartments these days come with an ADSL connection which is already included in the rent. Standard speed these days is around 26Mb downstream, and there are also at least 2 companies offering 100Mb fiber optic connections as well... (drool)

Good luck in your application.

Shawn

Posted on: 2003/11/13 0:00

Re:
Active Kutakian
From Sweden
Group:
Hej hej Shawn =)

"In the Japanese market, IKEA plans to open 4-6 stores in the Tokyo metropolitan area and 4-6 stores in the Kansai region in the first step"

They have chosen 2 locations so far:

Lalaport Ski Dome (Ssaws) - Funabashi City
Yokohama City

If I get the job, I can hook you up with a sofa at employee discount ;)

Sounds good, as long as I have a nice internet connection I can survive anywhere.. =)

- X -

Posted on: 2003/11/13 0:11

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor