Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Modern weapons
Deleted_
Ninja always used newest weapons. It was suprise and the enemy didn't know how to defend from it. Ninjutsu has evolved through centuries although the principles remained same, only their use changed.

In Dojo, we train with the pistol at least one month a year plus seminars. Most of the training is dry training (using pistol, safety, self-defence from the attacker who has a gun, etc) and it is done as real as possible, with no firm standing and aiming (not likely to happen in a real situation) and stuff like that. Sometimes when we are outdoors, we do shooting (with airsoft guns, safety first). Our sensei (who was also in special police force and in military) thinks that it is very important to train with the pistol because the firearms are leading weapons and also the most dangerous in the world. I totally agree with him and I also learned that one must know the weapon to be able to control it or control someone armed with it.

I put this topic to see reactions, comments, how others train with it, interesting stories. You are welcome to write anything.

Posted on: 2003/2/20 18:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Modern weapons
Active Kutakian
From Barcelona (Spain)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Hi Merlin,

we also train (and teach) with modern weapons, how to use it and how to counter.

Hatsumi Sensei teach with modern weapons too.
It's normal training in the Bujinkan.

Happy training !

Posted on: 2003/2/20 20:05

Dani Esteban -Koryu-
Bujinkan Bushi Dojo
Barcelona (Spain)
http://bushidojo.wordpress.com

Deleted_
Taijutsu & Pistol Craft
from Ninja Special - Ninja Weapons & Battle Strategy - Spring 1987. An intresting article. Tell me what you all think.

Posted on: 2003/2/21 6:10

Taijutsu & Pistol Craft Article
Deleted_
Yes, very interesting article. That's what I'm thinking also. Just to comment few statements.

Quote:
On one side are the "ban all guns" people while on the other the "guns don't kill people, people do" contingent stands its ground. ... The statement that "guns don't kill people. . . " is just as untrue and unrealistic as the "ban all guns" platform. Any police officer who has ever walked a beat will tell you that guns do, in fact, kill people. The problem with any type of gun, be it a low caliber handgun or a high powered rifle, is that there is no "less than full-power technique.

I don't carry a gun, I don't even posses one (except the air soft), but I stand behind "guns don't kill people, people do". The gun itself is just an object, but the person who uses it is dangerous. He/she must think when is time to shoot, are there innocents around, maybe even children, will bullet go through, etc. I know that it is hard to think in extreme situations, but then is better not to carry a gun at all. That person must also be trained in using a gun and safety.

Quote:
Performing techniques that involve the disarming of a gun wielding attacker is equal in difficultly to disarming a skilled swordsman. These techniques are not impossible but are highly doubtful for the majority of martial artists.Working in a controlled atmosphere where a mistake is "okay" is one thing-facing the business end of a loaded gun is something entirely different.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
In terms of training, most martial artists would probably be best advised to learn what is called " instinctive shooting", which involves being able to hit a target without taking the time to use the weapon's sights.

This is how we train, and I can say it's really good, if not the best way of shooting.

Quote:
Now there are a number of readers who will say that the historical ninja had little regard for the law, but these individuals should remember that the historical ninja operated under conditions of war where the rule book is always the first thing to be thrown out the window.

Quote:
In today's world any writer claiming that ninjutsu practitioners don't have to follow the dictates of society should be locked away with the rest of the world's dangerously deranged.

I also have to agree.

Again, very nice article. Someone has to add something?

Posted on: 2003/2/21 17:36

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Firearms and modern tactical training are options for us. My teacher is also a firearms instructor formally trained and certified from many major weapons manufacturers. His website.

Posted on: 2003/2/22 3:39
http://www.ntcofcanada.com/

Guns don't kill people, people kill people
Deleted_
As a former police officer who has walked many beats and been involved in lethal force encounters, I take exception to the article when it says that "any police officer who has ever walked a beat will tell you that guns kill". In 12 years of law enforcement, I never saw a gun kill anyone. I did, however, see victims killed on a frequent basis by thugs wielding guns, knives, clubs, bottles and numerous other improvised objects. If a person is truly bent on killing someone in the heat of the moment, they will find a way. Never saw a gun shoot someone by itself, though. I highly recommend training in firearms for anyone serious about martial training. There are many good schools around the country. If anyone wants to know the names of some, feel free to email me privately. Regarding instinct shooting, the premise is good but the reality is that instinct shooting is a very perishable skill. Unless practiced at least once or twice a month, the ability to hit with accuracy, even at close range, is not good. This has been proven numerous times in testing around the country. Using your sights with a "flash" sight picture is the way to go. I have been in shooting situations and this is the only technique that works unless you are highly trained.

Posted on: 2003/2/22 7:23

Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill themselves?
Deleted_
Hi

Just a quick acknowledgement - I believe police officers and teachers should be paid and treated with the same respect as other professions such as law (no pun intended) and medicine.

Now for the story...

I was in a downtown Tennesse neighborhood early one morning (long story) and was confronted by a local with a gun. I walked around a corner and hid in some shadows, but he saw me and called me out. So I stepped out as calmy as I could, not looking at him or responding to his taunts, and (what I hope most importantly) walked steadily away as if I had somewhere important to go (at 3am...), not once glancing back.

I know... what a wuss!

Posted on: 2003/2/22 16:30

Guns don't kill people, people kill themselves?
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:
I know... what a wuss!

You got away with it safely. That's all that matters.

Posted on: 2003/3/1 9:54

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor