Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

MWDAndy wrote:
Hi Micke, welcome on board!

Thank you!

Quote:

MWDAndy wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, training in etiquette was/is an important part of a warrior's training. Learning how to behave correctly at all times meant that you were less likely to offend someone, get into a fight and risk getting injured or killed. Surely such training would be done early on in a warrior's career?

I agree, and more to the point, I don´t think that any dojo accepts that students litter in or around the premessis. In fact I don´t think that anyone permits people to litter around their establishments anywhere, dojo or not... Most people are trained to throw their garbage in dustbins from an early age, why would Honbu dojo differ from any other place in this? My point is that etiquette is something that most people learn from their parents, it shulden´t even have to be tought in the dojo.

/Micke

Posted on: 2004/9/29 0:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Again, again, and again.....
Deleted_
A guy stepped on my bag last Tuesday....

BTW, Nagato-shihan's class will be starting at 9:00 am this Sunday. Soke's class starts at 11:00 as usual.

(Soke seems to be planning to take a lot of pictures for the Kenjutsu book he is writing now.)

Please be careful.

Posted on: 2005/3/31 21:23

Re: Again, again, and again.....
Frequent Visitor
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:
"Excuse me, could four people stick around and help vaccuum and make sure nobody forgets to take their bags and trash with them? Thank you."

hi all,
regarding the sign (it may be a little late in the day for this reply, apologies if so)...

I think notices of this nature only really work well, if:

1. - they're very short.
2. - there is a threat.
3. - and there is an obvious numerical price within it to catch the eye (eg. $50, or ¥5000)

I would write something like this:

"CAUGHT LITTERING, ¥5000 FINE!"

It may be harsh, but it should work

Posted on: 2005/3/31 23:52

A Japanese guy with a mental problem
Deleted_
appears around Hombu from time to time.

Last week (or the previous week?) he opened the door of the Dojo and kept watching our training with Nagato-shihan for a while. I noticed it, asked him if he was a member of the Bujinkan, and he denied it. So, I shut the door, but he opened it again forcibly against my will and insisted something to me (I forget what).

Today, he was standing smack in the center of the Dojo when we found him during the tea break of the Nagato class. I said "You can't step into the Dojo without permission. If you won't step out of it at once, you are commiting a crime." to him clearly and seriously, and he left the Dojo insisting something again (like "I have a reason to say something to you because I live in Noda..."). I didn't touch him at all then to avoid further trouble (and won't unless he tries to damage someone or something in the Dojo).

It may be because the weather is really warm recently, but anyway, we have to be careful and prepared.

I hope anybody can understand his mentality just by seeing his eyes.

Posted on: 2005/4/10 19:26

Sunday Nagato class
Deleted_
The guy didn't appear today.

Nagato-shihan's class will be starting at 9:00 am next Sunday (24th). Soke's class starts at 11:00 as usual.
(Same reason, I guess.)

Please be careful.

Posted on: 2005/4/17 20:00

Sunday Nagato class
Deleted_
Once again.

Nagato-shihan's class will be starting at 9:00 am next Sunday (1st of May). Soke's class starts at 11:00 as usual.

Please be careful.

(Very sorry but I'll be arriving there around 11:30 because I have to go to Ayase to reserve the dojo.)

Posted on: 2005/4/28 0:47

Sunday Nagato class and the DKMS
Deleted_
Nagato-shihan's decided to start his Sunday Hombu class at 9:00 a.m. every week.

The DKMS 2005 starts on November 29th (Tue).

Posted on: 2005/5/1 22:17

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor