Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Millitary
Villager
From Missouri
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Any advice about being on a millitary base and training. As i am in the millitary it presents challenges for instance i can't have people for uke's because if I did i would get in trouble with my superiors

Posted on: 2005/1/23 16:11

Re: Millitary
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
That sounds a bit odd. Feel free to drop me an e-mail at dale@bujinkansf.org, and I'll help if I can.

Posted on: 2005/1/23 16:46

Just Passing Through
From Kansas
Group:
Tim,

That is a bit odd that you can't train. Where are you assigned? I have been in the Army for 14 years and have never encountered this kind of problem. I train regularly with one of my former soldiers who has a Bujinkan background. I myself have a Genbukan background from my college days. We train in our off-duty time, typically on weekends. Not sure what branch of service you are in, but these days in the Army there is a great influence of BJJ in our combatives program. Although that is unfortunate and a totally separate topic, I don't see why you would be forbidden from training in a martial art of choice in your off-time; regardless of if your uke is a fellow service member or not.

Tim Martin

Posted on: 2005/1/27 10:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just Passing Through
From Edmonton, Alberta
Group:
Hi. For those of you in the military and training in taijutsu, do you train in stealthy movement, stalking, and so on? I don't mean standard field tactics, but ninjutsu related training? I personally believe individual training of a soldiers fieldcraft should be at a much higher standard than it is at. I don't know to much of the American military training system and how often you train though. Just wanted your feedback. Thanks.

Shane

Posted on: 2005/1/27 11:58

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
Quote:

Hoser wrote:
Hi. For those of you in the military and training in taijutsu, do you train in stealthy movement, stalking, and so on? I don't mean standard field tactics, but ninjutsu related training? I personally believe individual training of a soldiers fieldcraft should be at a much higher standard than it is at. I don't know to much of the American military training system and how often you train though. Just wanted your feedback. Thanks.

Shane

Shane - have you read John Poole's "A Tiger's Way, a Private's Best Change for Survival"?

Posted on: 2005/1/28 1:42

Just Passing Through
From Edmonton, Alberta
Group:
Yes actually. I was in Ft. Lewis last fall trainig in urban ops. 3 companies went over all together. Before Ft. Lewis, I thought field training was quite slack once you were "qualified" in the infantry. Reading different books on ninjutsu and similar techniques I thought related heavily with the infantry, it kind of came to my mind that "hey, if only soldiers could do that stuff". Then I read "The Tiger's Way" and someone has actually researched, written and published my thoughts (I'm not trying to take credit). It may seem ridiculous, but I think ninjutsu should be taught to ALL infantrymen. Imagine a battalion of "ninjas" advancing on you armed with grenades and assault rifles. I'd pee my pants.

Posted on: 2005/1/28 9:45

Active Kutakian
Group:
sorry for being off-topic...

may i ask,

where can i find such a book?

i would really appreciate it if someone would tell me.

Posted on: 2005/1/28 18:17

"Don't ask me. I need time to practice rather than answering to it." - Harada Masanori

just playing the ONI's advocate!

Just Passing Through
From Edmonton, Alberta
Group:
I found the book in a store on the Ft. Lewis base. I can't remember the store name (AAPHES?). I don't know if they have them in the book stores in the civilian towns (Seattle for example) down there or not. They don't have them in our bookstores, but the book does say "a U.S. Privates Best Chance for Suvival" and not "a Canadian Privates". Try amazon.com. If that doesn't work then let me know and I'll mail you mine.

Shane

Posted on: 2005/1/29 10:17

Deleted_

Posted on: 2005/1/30 3:01

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor