Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Trashed Hombu dojo and manners in Japan
Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
Recently found out from a close friend that the trash problem at the Hombu dojo is not improving, rather getting worse.

He found an empty cigarette package on the Hombu steps...

Speaking for myself I think the only solution is to try and do *more* than pick up my own trash, rather this year I am going to do self-appointed trash patrol.

I can see it doesn't do much good to whine about folks leaving their trash, or filling up ajoining business' (the Pachinko parlor) trash can since I believe those who are causing this problem probably don't read Kutaki, or in general may not be truly connected to the Bujinkan.

I was able to spend some time with students of Harada sensei this year who helped me understand, among many things, the deeper importance of manners in Japan. I know the guys that was telling me this wasn't speaking to me personally, but nonetheless there are many areas I can improve this year.

Most of the diving community in Monterey is very agressive about bringing trash items back from our dives, so I will strive to extend this same spirit to Hombu dojo this year.

Wish me luck,

Posted on: 2005/11/1 4:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Trashed Hombu dojo and manners in Japan
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Greg, I think that's a superb idea. I'll join you on Trash Patrol, or at least fill in for you if you're not there during "Daikomyosai Week".

Posted on: 2005/11/1 5:01

Deleted_
I just got back from Japan last night, luckily it was not very crowded and there didn't seem to be much of a trash problem for the time I was there.

Posted on: 2005/11/1 5:25

Permanent Village Fixture
From Centerville, Ohio
Group:
I leave for Japan on nov. 9th and I'll do trash patrol while I'm there as well. You said it wasn't overcrowded?

I hear lots of people are coming early because of the break after daikomyosai.

Posted on: 2005/11/1 5:36

Active Kutakian
From Belgium
Group:
Sign me up for TP in January.

Geoff Vreeman

Posted on: 2005/11/1 5:59

Deleted_
Quote:

Shinoobie wrote:
I leave for Japan on nov. 9th and I'll do trash patrol while I'm there as well. You said it wasn't overcrowded?

I hear lots of people are coming early because of the break after daikomyosai.

Nate, while I was there it was very un-crowded, maybe 40-45 people in Soke's classes... but the day I left (this past Sunday) it looked like it was starting to get crowded again.

I just lucked out on missing the crowds this time I guess.

Posted on: 2005/11/1 10:45

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor