Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

feet of cats???
Just Passing Through
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hey Lads,

I'm in search of a togakure ryu book "feet of cats".
I'm not sure if this is the exact title or that the book is Japanese only. I thought it was correct but i cant find it no where so thats why i ask here.

I hope someone can shine some light on this.

Thanks in advance!,

Steven Ramaker

Posted on: 2008/8/26 0:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
Quote:
togakure ryu book "feet of cats"

I have never heard of anything resembling this. Is it by someone in the Bujinkan? What language is it written in?

Posted on: 2008/8/29 18:52

Re: feet of cats???
Kutaki Postmaster
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:
Likewise, I've never heard of this book. However, it sounds like the original poster might be referring to Neko no Myojutsu, a classic text on swordsmanship written by Issai Chozen in 1727.

The name means something like the mysterious skills of the cat, and it's possible the original poster meant to type 'Feats of Cats,' rather than 'Feet of Cats'

I've heard Hatsumi Sensei mention Neko no Myojutsu at least once and I think he references it in one of his books - at least that's probably where I first came across it.

If you google for it, there are translations online but to the best of my knowledge, it's got nothing to do with Togakure Ryu.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 20:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor